Earning a community college education opens the door to your future. Whether you are pursuing a credential that prepares you to enter the workforce directly or one that prepares you to transfer successfully to a four-year college or university, you’ll build an essential skill set and make important connections during these years.
Life During Community College will serve as an essential guide to life in community college and beyond. This book addresses topics students want and need to know about, including:
- Choosing the right major
- Credentials: Career & Technical vs Transfer
- Making the most of campus resources
- Pitfalls to watch out for
- Developing strong communication skills
- Managing finances
- Knowing what it takes to be a highly competitive candidate for in-demand occupations
- Cultivating the skills employers seek
- Next steps beyond community college
Life During Community College provides clear, timely, and relevant explanations as well as links to critical resources. It’s concise and informative, designed to help students succeed in navigating the community college environment, become active and engaged learners, and hone academic and personal skill sets that will be valuable during college and in the workplace.